Naturally, we’re always on the lookout for the best new betting sites in New Zealand, and we check them thoroughly.
There are many free bet offers around betting sites, old and new. Some have better odds than others, while some tempt you in with a big deposit bonus. We, here at LordOfOdds, make it our business to check all of them, including every bonus, meaning we do the leg work when T&Cs apply.
Here, we walk you through how we rank the best new betting sites for sports betting. We talk about what to look out for, including odds, bonus offers and more, why you might be on the lookout for a new site to place your bets on, and we also answer your most pertinent questions.
Benefits of Using New Betting Sites
While we are always reviewing the best new betting sites for the New Zealand market, it’s wise to let you know why it can be good to deposit with one of the new boys.
Sports bettors online need to consider various things. Can they claim a deposit bonus or other offers (T&Cs apply)? Is there a free bet? Are all sports such as NFL, racing and football covered in the betting markets? Most of all, punters need to know if a brand-new betting site has all these things and more.
Some of the benefits of using the best new betting sites for sports are:
- They need customers – When a new online sports betting site needs to build a customer base, that often means there is a deposit bonus offer to claim. Check the T&Cs, though, as new betting sites cannot afford to take too many risks with their offers.
- They have to be competitive – This means that as well as a bonus offer or free bet, you may get better sports odds. Racing, football, cricket, rugby and the NFL are all competitive already. The best new betting sites have to offer you good odds, or they offer no incentive to move.·
- They are not stuck in their ways – New betting sites means new people. They bring new ideas to the sports betting world. This could lead to more creative bonus offer ideas, more free bet offers or deeper sports betting markets. T&Cs apply, as always.
While we look for the best new betting sites to hit the online sports betting market, if you are new to any site, this too can have its advantages, even if it is an established bet site.
Benefits for New Customers
Even for older sites, new customers are often king. As a new customer on a site, the benefits are:
- A welcome or deposit bonus – There is always a deposit bonus offer and/or a free bet offer for new players placing their first bets. T&Cs apply, so before you claim, always read the T&Cs carefully.
- More sports betting markets – Sometimes even the best new betting sites cannot compete with established sites in terms of the bets they offer. Racing, NFL, football and rugby should be only the beginning.
So, even an older site can be a new one to you. You may get more racing odds or more sports than you did before. You can claim a free bet or bonus offer for being new. If you shop around and find the site with the best odds to bet with, this trumps everything.
How We Rank the Best New Betting Sites in New Zealand
It’s only fair that we take you through how we rate the best betting sites in New Zealand. This includes all the best new betting sites online.
We always check for any offers you can claim. A good deposit offer can give you extra money for bets, but T&Cs apply. We make sure the offer is of good value. A free bet is just that, and when T&Cs apply, they don’t restrict too many players, such as those using PayPal.
🔒 Security and Service
Betting sites in New Zealand should be licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority. This means that while T&Cs apply to you, the sports betting site itself is also sticking to its terms.
We always check that any site offering sports odds or any other online bets practices responsible gambling initiatives. Advice should be on offer always, and links to responsible gambling charities should be available for anyone beginning to struggle.
That is one of the basics of customer service, but we look for more than that in the best new betting sites online. 24/7 support should be on offer. Email, live chat and online help, as well as FAQs. A good FAQ section tells us that a sports betting site isn’t hiding behind restrictive T&Cs.
💳 Payment Methods
Getting the best online odds for your bet is one thing. However, your bets are no good if the betting site on offer doesn’t take your chosen payment method.
Occasionally, you can deposit via eWallets such as PayPal though it sometimes means you cannot claim offers. This includes the standard deposit offer.
We look for better T&Cs by checking that Visa, MasterCard and all major eWallets, ideally PayPal included, are on offer as deposit methods.
Also, we look for bet and deposit limits, deposit times and withdrawal times.
💰 Odds and Betting Markets
Ranking the best new betting sites online has to include odds and betting markets. Forget offers; their confusing T&Cs apply every time. Those looking for a sports bet need to know they are simply getting the best odds on offer.
Bets placed on a sports site online should always offer value. Horse racing, NFL, cricket, rugby and football are understandably priorities of betting sites, but we like to see the bet markets go much deeper than that.
We look for great quantities in bet markets, but also competitive odds for each and every racing, NFL and rugby bet.
⭐ Other Features
There are many extra features the best new betting sites could offer. Loyalty and VIP schemes are always a good start.
Betting sites also sometimes offer odds on live bets. Live racing and football are the main areas, while we also look for live streaming. T&Cs apply to this, such as the need to place bets in order to watch the racing live.
We check the overall quality of the software, its ease of use and whether or not players can place bets via mobile and/or on an app.
What to Look For in a New Betting Site
Make sure that when you search for the best new betting sites in New Zealand, they offer what you need. Remember these key factors:
- The bonus offer – Your chosen site should offer a good bonus and/or free bet. T&Cs apply.
- Security – The site should have a full license and regulation.
- Payment methods – Is your chosen banking method available? Does the site take PayPal?
- Bet markets – Are there lots of bets on offer? Does the site offer good odds?
- Software quality – Your chosen site should be top quality. Ideally, it offers live odds and live bets.
- Customer service – Check your new site offers round-the-clock customer service.
- Loyalty schemes – VIP or points programs often provide extra perks for loyal players.
Why look for a new betting platform?
You may simply be new to looking for betting sites, though you have no limitations. In that regard, only look for the best betting sites you can find.
If you already place bets, your current site may not offer the best odds. Getting value odds should be the priority, so don’t be afraid to switch to a new site.
Moving betting sites can also mean getting a new player bonus, though T&Cs apply. Check the T&Cs carefully before you claim. A new site may offer live odds and/or live streaming, as well as loyalty offers and money back as a free bet when your bet loses.
Best New Betting Sites FAQ
Now we will answer your questions about new betting sites.
Many good betting sites are out there. However, bet365 can lay claim to some of the best odds and bonus offers. T&Cs apply.
Yes. It is legal for New Zealand-based players to bet with international bookmakers. However, you should make sure the site you choose is licensed and regulated to offer odds.
Often, they can. Experienced oddsmakers may have started a new site. The site may also belong to a long-established sports bet organisation.
A new site could offer a free bet as a bonus. T&Cs apply. When you claim a free bet, make sure your bets are paid out in full minus the stake if they are successful.
Even if the site is new, your bets are protected if the site is licensed and regulated. T&Cs apply to bets.