Take a look at the William Hill football betting World Cup offering for the 2022 tournament. We, here at LordOfOdds, have checked out World Cup betting at William Hill in terms of their bet types and markets, the odds formats and how they change as well as in-play sports betting.
Our football betting guide also answers your questions as we look into everything the William Hill football betting World Cup section has to offer.
William Hill’s Sports Offer
If William Hill’s World Cup bets look tempting, then you can consider pursuing the William Hill promo code offer. So, you can grab a bonus and free bet after meeting all the requirements. T&Cs apply as always. Currently, the sports betting offer is Bet $20, Get $20. Here are some of the terms to take into consideration.
- New customers only using the William Hill promo code R20.
- Minimum $20 stakes at minimum odds of 1.5 (1/2).
- Free bets paid as 2 x $10.
- Free bet credited after settlement of first qualifying bet.
- Also, free bets expire 15 days after you place a qualifying bet.
- Restrictions apply to some players, countries and payment methods.
- Full T&Cs apply.
Common Bet Types for the World Cup
As the World Cup approaches in Qatar, more and more odds types will be listed by William Hill. Even in advance of the biggest football tournament, popular bets on the William Hill sportsbook include:
- Match Result – The 90-minute result, for example, England 3/10, Draw 19/5, Iran 11/1.
- Both Teams to Score – The result doesn’t matter. As long as both teams score, you can win your bet.
- First/Last Goalscorer – Bet on the individual player you think will score first or last.
- Total Goals Over/Under – Bet on the total number of goals in the game. Example: Spain v France, under 2.5 goals 10/11, over 2.5 goals 4/5.
- Handicap Betting – Bet on teams to win with a goal head start, or with a goal disadvantage.
What World Cup Odds Does William Hill Offer?
As well as the common betting odds on individual games, more markets are offered on the sportsbook as part of the William Hill football betting World Cup section.
- Tournament Winner. You can back France, Brazil or whoever you like to win the World Cup overall.
- Group Winner. Bets are available for each team to win their group, for example, 5/6 for Spain to win Group E.
- Top Scorer. Betting on the overall World Cup top scorer is another popular one. Harry Kane, Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe and Neymar are all popular betting tips for this one in the sportsbook.
How the Odds Change
Sportsbook markets, especially football betting, are very fluid. The advance, future or ‘ante-post’ World Cup odds will keep changing as time goes on. Players may improve, some may get injured, managers change and other variables are taken into account within the William Hill football betting World Cup odds.
As the tour tournament progresses, it becomes immediately apparent who the stronger teams are. Because of that, the earlier you bet, the bigger the odds. Naturally, this also means bigger risk. You may be happy to take 6/1 about England, but if they were to lose their first game then their odds to win the World Cup would then increase greatly. This is typical of a football tournament.
Keep an eye on how teams are doing via live streaming. If you can, use your free bets for advance betting and save your bigger bets for when the William Hill football betting World Cup markets settle down when the competition starts.
You may see different football odds formats listed. You can also choose to change these depending on how you like to bet on football. Decimal and fractional odds will be listed.
William Hill football betting World Cup bets shown in fractional format look like this:
- Brazil 9/2
- France 11/2
- England 6/1
- Spain 15/2
In this case, $10 on Brazil to win the World Cup would get you $55 in total. The stake is already included in decimal sports betting, meaning the sportsbook odds will be listed like this:
- Brazil 5.5
- France 6.5
- England 7.0
- Spain 8.5
Can You Bet on the World Cup Final?
Of course. This is one of the most popular markets when it comes to this high-profile tournament. In case it is not available right now, the operator will surely include it once the Cup approaches.
This will bring you the chance to bet on your two top contenders to take the trophy.
William Hill World Cup In-Play Betting
The William Hill football betting World Cup offering includes live, in-play action. This may be backed up by some live streaming of the event (T&Cs apply). Just make sure to check out the streaming terms.
William Hill has one of the best sportsbook platforms in the world for football betting. Restrictions apply in some countries, but most territories can indulge in in-play betting which allows bettors to see how a game is playing out before deciding what bets to place.
The William Hill football betting World Cup section is a great one to use for the big tournament. You can also get free bets via the sports offer. Restrictions apply on your free bet. A qualifying bet is needed and as always, full T&Cs apply to the deal.
As the tournament approaches in Qatar in November, we reckon you could do a lot worse than check out the William Hill football betting World Cup odds.
William Hill Football Betting World Cup FAQ
Here are the answers to your questions about the William Hill football betting World Cup.
Right now, William Hill has Brazil as 9/2 (5.5) favourites to win the 2022 World Cup.
The Qatar World Cup is set to begin on November 21. The final is on December 18.
Qatar is hosting the competition and is joined by the top teams in the world. England, Spain, France, Brazil, Netherlands, Argentina, Germany and Portugal are all involved.